The Iranian regime’s euphoria about the insulting of the Prophet of Islam and the “Innocence of Muslims” movie
Creation of special offices under the supervision of Khamenei to steer the crisis and create opportunities for Assad to regain control over the situation in Syria
Based on credible reports obtained from inside the Iranian regime, the anti-Islamic and inhumane regime’s Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei, as well as other officials, have described the insult to the Prophet of Islam, the “Innocence of Muslims” movie, and cartoons published in a French magazine as presenting an exceptional opportunity for their “establishment” (regime). Extremely overjoyed,
they see these events as “causing a shift in the current state of affairs in favor of Syria and Iran,” and they seek to “inflame the protests and outrage to the fullest extent possible” in order to divert the attention of the world and especially “Arab and Islamic countries” from the faltering state of these two dictatorships as well as the devastation in Syria and the Iranian regime’s role in perpetrating the atrocities there.
The officials of the Iranian regime believe that “this film has created the perfect opening for the Islamic Republic, and the remarks of [the commander-in-chief of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Mohammad Ali] Ja’afari with regards to the presence of Qods forces in Syria were made in light of these circumstances with the aim of issuing a warning to all international parties.”
They stress that this situation has made it possible that “in contrast to the previous months when individuals tied to the establishment were being arrested in various countries, now all counties are grappling with their own issues” and that “in order to take full advantage of the situation we must keep the crisis as inflamed as possible so that Assad can use this environment to regain control.”
Some of the clerical regime’s plans and measures in this regard are as follows:
1. The creation of various offices inside and outside the country under the direction of Khamenei’s office to further fan the flames of protests, outrage, and clashes.
2. Establishment of contacts with “Shiite and Sunni religious seminaries” as well as religious figures in various countries, helping them and motivating them to carry out activities in this regard.
3. Rekindling of contacts with Egypt’s al-Azhar University and establishing coordinated contacts between religious seminaries in Qom and Najaf with this institution.
4. Dedication of a portion of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s speech at the UN’s General Assembly to this issue. The UN Secretary General warned Ahmadinejad on Sunday to refrain from making incendiary remarks in his speech.
5. Directing Friday prayer leaders in various cities of Iran to talk about his issue and keep it as a hot topic.
6. Organizing a conference in Tehran entitled “The Association of Islamic Radio and TV Stations” by the clerical regime’s state-run TV and radio and under the supervision of the IRGC’s terrorist Qods Force. The objective is to concentrate the attention of the media in Arabic and Islamic countries on the movie “Innocence of Muslims” and to take their focus away from Syria. Present at this conference will be delegations from Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Yemen, Morocco, Turkey, Bahrain, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, and the Gulf states.
7. Providing full and extensive coverage of global protests by the regime’s various radio and TV stations.
8. Encouraging of regime-affiliated poets and authors in various countries; So far, some individuals from Egypt, Yemen, Tunisia, Morocco and Libya have been engaged.
9. Creating and registering a number of so-called “non-government organizations” in support of fundamentalism and to push for the adoption of national and international laws to prevent any opposition to fundamentalism, using the pretext of condemning insults to religious sanctities.
As such, the clerical regime, which is considered to be the largest enemy of Islam and Muslims everywhere, expresses a devious satisfaction over the insults targeting the Prophet of Islam, and by taking advantage of the Muslim population’s religious sentiments it seeks to advance its criminal, anti-Islamic and inhumane ambitions.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
September 25, 2012